COVID-19 Testing in Carrollton, TX
We Provide Rapid COVID-19 Testing for Children and Adults
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone worldwide, and we are still dealing with its spread. If you experience COVID-19 symptoms or are concerned about exposure, get tested at Castle Hills Emergency Room in Carrollton, TX. We offer rapid COVID-19 tests for patients throughout the region at our 24-hour free-standing emergency care clinic. You can do your part to control the spread of this virus by learning your status quickly and discreetly. Our board-certified physicians will explain your various testing options and confirm accurate results from your test. Additionally, we will ensure you are safe and protected from COVID-19 at our facility. Call us today to learn more about our testing practices and how they apply to you.
Understanding the COVID-19 Tests
We offer two different types of COVID-19 tests at our emergency medical services center. These tests are available for children and adults, so you can learn the results for your whole family following a single trip. The coronavirus tests include:
Coronavirus tests can be performed in the following three ways, and their result time may vary:
- Antigen Test – This test is conducted using a nasal swab, with results typically available in about 15 minutes. The antigen test is designed to detect a viral protein in a person with an active infection. Information published by the manufacturer notes this test is 100% specific, which means a positive test is 100% accurate. It is 93.8% sensitive, meaning a negative test is 93.8% accurate. If your antigen test returns a negative result but you show symptoms that strongly indicate a COVID-19 infection, we may perform a molecular (PCR) test for confirmation.
- Molecular (PCR) Test – The molecular (PCR) test is also conducted using a nasal swab. We then send the swab to an off-site diagnostic lab, so results may not be ready for up to 48 hours.
What do I do if I have COVID symptoms?
If you have COVID symptoms, please call ahead before visiting and let our team know about your situation.
In case of severe situations, we advise patients to come to our emergency center to get proper care without delay.
What do I do if my test is positive?
In case of getting a positive result, please make sure that you self-isolate for 14 to 15 days and follow CDC’s guidelines for Coronavirus. You should also be aware of the nearest emergency care centers like ours so you can visit if your symptoms worsen.
Is the test available to everyone?
Yes, our COVID-19 tests are available to everyone.
Do I have an out-of-pocket expense if I carry insurance?
If you are using insurance, we will bill your insurance for your COVID-19 visit. ( copay may apply )
Our COVID-19 tests are available for children and adults.
Our Clinic Will Protect You From COVID-19 Exposure
Castle Hills Emergency Room takes extreme precautions to protect our staff and patients from exposure to COVID-19. We enforce strict a mask-wearing policy, have hand sanitizer readily available, and use PPE to prevent the spread of the virus. We also ensure there is ample space for individuals to safely socially distance and control our traffic flow to keep you safe.
Understanding the Risks for Contracting COVID-19
It is essential that you know how to protect yourself from the COVID-19 virus and employ thorough safety measures to keep you and your family safe. Please follow the CDC guidelines regarding masks, social distancing, and public gatherings. Also, be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19. If you experience any of the following or have been in close contact with someone who meets one or more of these criteria, visit our emergency care clinic for a test today:
- Cough, fever, headache, or shortness of breath
- Contact with someone who later tested positive
- Sharing a home with someone who has contracted the virus
Contact Castle Hills Emergency Room Today
The best way to control the COVID-19 virus is through thorough testing practices and awareness of its symptoms. Castle Hills Emergency Room offers two types of tests for the coronavirus, and we can administer any to your whole family. You do not need an appointment at our 24-hour facility, We will provide results as quickly as possible and explain the next steps if you test positive. Contact us today.
Do I need an appointment?
No, you do not need to make an appointment
- Address 4228 N Josey Ln #100, Carrollton, TX 75010
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 469-663-3200