Testing & Imaging Services in Carrollton, TX
Lab Testing and Imaging Services
To diagnose and treat our patients more effectively, Castle Hills Emergency Room has our on-site imaging and lab services right here in our Carrollton center. Our leading-edge imaging tools allow our doctors to use advanced science to provide convenient, accurate, and cost-effective images. They then analyze these images to diagnose your ailment and suggest treatment options. This ensures quicker diagnoses when the patient needs emergency treatment.
What Are Diagnostic Imaging Services?
Diagnostic imaging is a non-invasive method for a doctor to see inside a patient’s body to diagnose injury or illness. It helps your physician determine the cause of your condition and to monitor how well your body is responding to treatment. We offer several diagnostic imaging methods here at our facility, including:
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to examine internal organs. It is often used during pregnancy and surgery, or to diagnose conditions such as kidney injuries, gallstones, or prostatic hyperplasia.
- CT Scan – A computed tomography (CT) scan, formerly known as a CAT scan, uses a computer to combine multiple cross-sectional X-Ray images of the patient’s bones, soft tissue, and blood vessels. It can be used for many purposes, including to diagnose cancer, stroke, or damage to the internal organs, as well as to pinpoint the location of a blood clot, tumor, or bone fracture.
- X-Ray – An X-Ray uses electromagnetic radiation to penetrate the body and produce images of its internal structure, primarily bones. They are primarily used to detect broken bones, but they can also be used in radiation therapy for some types of cancers.
What Are Laboratory Services?
Clinical laboratory services are used to analyze a specimen for information that helps to diagnose and treat disease. Specialized equipment is used to examine biological samples, such as blood, urine, mucus, or tissue samples. Our laboratory testing services have premier accreditation from COLA, Inc., so you can be assured that our tests are accurate and safe. Whether you are a patient of ours or need walk-in lab services, you can count on us for experienced testing and analysis.
How Is the COVID Rapid Test Carried Out?
We offer rapid COVID tests at our 24-hour clinic to patients throughout the community. We have antigen, antibody, and PCR tests available. For potential current infections, the antigen test results are available in 15 minutes, while for PCR the results are available in 48 hours. Both tests are conducted using a nasal swab. To test for the previous infection, the antibody test uses a blood sample and results are available in about 20 minutes. See our COVID Rapid Testing FAQs for more information.
Our imaging and lab services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help with medical emergencies. Injuries can happen any day, at any time, and access to immediate lab and imaging services helps us to diagnose and treat without delay.
Visit Our Carrollton ER Today
If you have an emergency or need some lab or imaging work done, come by our Carrollton emergency care center for fast and accurate results, or call our 24/7 emergency hotline at 469-731-7503. If you have questions about the imaging and laboratory services that we have available, you can also get in touch with us using our contact form.
- Address 4228 N Josey Ln #100, Carrollton, TX 75010
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 469-663-3200